Teams with dogs will be asked to perform all obedience (AM) and temperament (PM) scenarios, while teams with cats will only asked to perform the temperament (PM) scenarios.
- Prospective volunteers must be a member of PeTS in order to be evaluated. Membership costs $30/year.
- Prescreen payment must be received to have your event registration confirmed and an evaluation time-slot assigned. Prescreen costs $70.
- Prospective volunteers must have completed the first ratification step, attendance at an Info Session or completion of the online PeTS 101 quiz.
- Prospective volunteers must submit the Handler & Animal Profile along with proof of current vaccinations.
- Animals must be clean & well-groomed; nails are smooth to the touch.
- Dogs should wear a quick release flat buckle collar, and cats should have wear a back-clip harness. If medically necessarily, a back-clip harness is acceptable for dogs.
- All animals should be kept on a leash no longer than 6 feet.
- No choke chains, prong collars, harnesses, martingales, flexi-leads, or retractable leashes.
- Animals must be at least 24 months of age at the Prescreen event.
If you have any questions about the criteria for your animal becoming a ratified therapy animal please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.